- LIMITED HOURS FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT
- BRUSH PIT OPENING
- 2015 SISTER CITY EXCHANGES
- MILITARY PACK HORSE STATUE
- ONLINE PAYMENTS FOR WATER BILLS, TAXES, AND COURT FINES
- Village Meetings and Events
- LOCAL LAWS
- VILLAGE MANAGER ROUNDTABLE MEETINGS
- Comprehensive Plan
- Walking Trails
While the Village searches to replace our current Code Enforcement Officer, who is leaving to pursue another career, the Code Office will have limited hours as follows effective June 1, 2015:
- Mondays only: In office 8–12; Inspections 1–4
- Permits will continue to be processed through the Clerk’s Office
- Code and Permit questions - firstname.lastname@example.org; or 739–5691 Option #2
UPDATE 4/2/15: The Thorne Street Brush Pit WILL BE open for business on Saturday, April 11th, 2015. This is for residents to dispose of yard waste.
- Operating hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays, and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturdays.
- Proof of residency is required
- NOT ACCEPTED: Garbage, Cinder Blocks, Rocks, Bricks, Wooden Boards
The Horseheads Sister Cities Association (HSCA) is pleased to announce the 2015 exchange visits between Horseheads and our sister city Nakagawa, Japan. The exchange will start in March when a delegation of students and adults from Nakagawa spend a week in Horseheads exploring and experiencing family life, schools, and area attractions. Usually the trip to Horseheads is the first time the Japanese students have been abroad, so it is a very influential experience for them.
The reciprocal exchange trip to Nakagawa will be in early July, wherein Horseheads students and adults travel to Nakagawa exploring small community Japanese culture in a similar way. Students in grades 8–11 who reside in the Horseheads school district tax area and are interested in exploring Japanese culture through this experiential young ambassador opportunity are encouraged apply. Information and application materials can be downloaded from this website. Information and application materials are also available at the Horseheads High School and Middle School guidance offices. There will be an . Applications are . However, applicants are encouraged to get applications in as soon as possible. Student selection will begin immediately upon receipt of completed material.
For further details, contact Nakagawa Trip Coordinator, Annette Sechrist at 734–6727.
The Village is proud to announce that its commemorative bronze statue of a Military Pack Horse has been installed and introduced to the public. This statute is the last event of an entire year of activities marking the 175th anniversary of the Village of Horseheads. The Village was first incorporated in May 1837. To read more about our history, go to HISTORY.
Questions and more info on the statue, please contact Deputy Mayor Ronald Swartz at 481–1976.
WATER BILLS AND TAXES: »www.xpress-pay.com
- You can also pay your TAXES ONLY at any Chemung Canal Trust Company Location.
COURT FINES/FEES: www.paycourtonline.com
For the next Board agenda CLICK HERE
For Village Board bios, past meeting minutes, and other information go to the Board of Trustees page.
Upcoming schedule of Board Meetings is as follows:
- Tue. July 7th - 2:00 p.m. - - Thu. July 9th - 7:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting - Thu. July 23rd - 8:30 a.m. - CANCELLED - Thu. August 13th - 7:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting - Thu. August 27th - 8:30 a.m. - CANCELLED
Regularly scheduled Planning Board Meetings are on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 24th, 5:15 p.m.
For the agenda, past minutes, and other information about the Planning Board Click Here!
The Village has adopted a local law governing Peddling and Soliciting in the Village. This law repeals and replaces Chapter 171 of the Village Code relative to this issue. To view the law and application form click on the links below.
The Village Board adopted a Local Law Establishing Rules and Regulations for Rental Housing. See the links below.
Questions regarding registration should be directed to our Code Enforcement Office - 739–5691.
FEBRUARY 2012: Due to lack of attendance, the Manager Roundtable Meetings are cancelled until further notice.
After more than two years in development, a new Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Horseheads Village Board on Tuesday, April 20, 2010. Copies of this plan are available for public review at the Village Clerk’s Office, the Horseheads Free Library, and electronically (see below).
Click here to review or download your own copy of the Plan. Please note that the electronic version does not include the attachments, maps, etc.