- REGULAR WORKSHOPS
- BRUSH PIT
- Village Meetings and Events
- ADOPTED 2016-2017 VILLAGE BUDGET
- MILITARY PACK HORSE STATUE
- ONLINE PAYMENTS FOR WATER BILLS, TAXES, AND COURT FINES
- LOCAL LAWS
- Comprehensive Plan
- Walking Trails
The Village Board has decided to conduct regular workshops to talk about various Village issues. They will be held the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Room.
The upcoming dates are:
- August 3rd 4:00
- August 17th 4:00 - CANCELLED
The Thorne Street Brush Pit is open for residents to dispose of yard waste.
- Operating hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays)
- Beginning April 2, 2016 it will also be open on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Proof of residency is required
- NOT ACCEPTED: Garbage, Cinder Blocks, Rocks, Bricks, Wooden Boards
For the next Board agenda CLICK HERE
For Village Board bios, past meeting minutes, and other information go to the Board of Trustees page.
Upcoming schedule of Board Meetings is as follows:
- Thursday, July 28th - 7pm - CANCELLED - Thursday, August 11th - 7pm - Regular Meeting - Thursday, August 25th - 7pm - Regular Meeting
- August 3rd 4:00
- August 17th 4:00 - Cancelled
Regularly scheduled Planning Board Meetings are on the 4th Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 22nd - 4:00 p.m.
For the agenda, past minutes, and other information about the Planning Board Click Here!
The FY2016−17 Budget has been ADOPTED by the Board. It calls for a 3.75% tax increase.
Click below to view the approved budget:
The Village is proud to announce that its commemorative bronze statue of a Military Pack Horse has been installed and introduced to the public. This statute is the last event of an entire year of activities marking the 175th anniversary of the Village of Horseheads. The Village was first incorporated in May 1837. To read more about our history, go to HISTORY.
Questions and more info on the statue, please contact Deputy Mayor Ronald Swartz at 481–1976.
WATER BILLS AND TAXES: »www.xpress-pay.com
- You can also pay your TAXES ONLY at any Chemung Canal Trust Company Location.
COURT FINES/FEES: www.paycourtonline.com
The Village has adopted a local law governing Peddling and Soliciting in the Village. This law repeals and replaces Chapter 171 of the Village Code relative to this issue. To view the law and application form click on the links below.
The Village Board adopted a Local Law Establishing Rules and Regulations for Rental Housing. See the links below.
Questions regarding registration should be directed to our Code Enforcement Office - 739–5691.
After more than two years in development, a new Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Horseheads Village Board on Tuesday, April 20, 2010. Copies of this plan are available for public review at the Village Clerk’s Office, the Horseheads Free Library, and electronically (see below).
Click here to review or download your own copy of the Plan. Please note that the electronic version does not include the attachments, maps, etc.