Horseheads Village Hall
202 S. Main Street
Horseheads, New York 14845
(607) 739–1954 - home
Send email to the Mayor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise McIntosh was sworn in as Village Mayor on December 7, 2015.
Our family has lived in the Village of Horseheads for 36 years, and before that we lived in Breesport. My husband and I raised our two daughters in the Village. I am totally committed to our Village! Many folks who know me and those who have worked with me believe I will bring honesty, great communication and excellent management skills to our village government. I have always been a good steward of other people’s money and I will do that with the resources of the Village. Here is a mini synopsis of my working qualifications.
- currently serving my third term on the Zoning Board of Appeals for the village.
- currently hold the part time position of Director of Christian Education at the First United Methodist Church of Horseheads. (I have been a member of this church for over 25 years. I also sing in the choir and am active on several committees.)
- volunteered to chair a committee for our 175th Anniversary Celebration of the founding of the Village of Horseheads. Some of the events I helped to plan and implement were the Mother’s Day Tea at the Zim House, the first Celery Fest Festival and the Victorian Holiday House Tour. (I believe in volunteering both my time and talents to our community.)
- currently a Board Member of the Horseheads Historical Society, volunteer to “work” at the Depot one afternoon a month.
- currently a Board Member at the Tanglewood Nature Center and chair the fund raising committee.
- currently a member and President-Elect of the Chemung Sunrise Rotary Club.
- retired from the American Cancer Society as the Community Executive for Chemung, Steuben and Schuyler Counties. I assisted many volunteers with their passion to prevent cancer by holding Relay For Life events in their communities.
- past Director of Operations for CIDMA( known now as Corning’s Gaffer District), where I was in charge of the City of Corning’s parking garage, maintenance of the Business Improvement District and planning & implementing logistics for all the events. During my tenure the parking garage began to show revenue. I worked closely with the merchants and City of Corning officials.
- Worked at ‘The Leader’ as an advertising account representative, where I took over the oldest territory and grew it 30 percent the first year. This was a great experience in outside sales and marketing, where I was able to help local businesses grow.
- Manager at ‘Hit or Miss’ at the Arnot Mall for nearly 20 years.
All of the above positions I was asked to apply for. Each job provided me with different learning opportunities. I had a passion for each and never expected to leave any of these positions. Why? Because I enjoyed them all! A professional facilitator once described me as a door opener. She said I find the opportunity between people and a situation and act on it. The newest situation I have found is this village needs new direction. Please, support me in my bid for mayor. I know I am the right person for the job.
- 2007–2015 Donald Zeigler
- 1993–2007 Patricia Gross
- 1988–1993 Jack Barber
- 1974–1988 Robert Chapman
- 1965–1974 Morris Blostein
- 1963–1965 Dick Meyers
- 1959–1963 Howard Carpenter
- 1957–1959 Marcus Dilmore
- 1955–1957 Howard Carpenter
- 1951–1955 Clive Blowers
- 1948–1951 William Wigstein
- 1943–1948 Arthur Deyo
- 1929–1943 Oliver Eisenhart
- 1928–1929 Elon Hill
- 1925–1928 Charles Wheaton
- 1920–1925 Clifford Leet